Transit Home - Contact information for individual dispatch offices.
Service Guide - District Three Public Transit Policies last updated Aug. 1, 2010
Weather Closings - This document will be updated as quickly as possible, but due to the rapidly changing nature of weather and communication failures during weather events, this may not always be current. Passengers should contact their local dispatch offices when conditions in their areas are questionable.
County Transit - This is a list of the "County Transit" public transit routes that we offer. Most areas of our served counties have service about once per week. Some areas are served less frequently. If you have any questions about a route listed here please call the phone number associated with the route. (Found in the right-most column)
District Three Public Transit will not be operating on most state holidays in 2013. There will be no service on public transit, county transit, or New Freedom on these dates:
- Thursday, November 28, 2013 and Friday, November 29, 2013 in observance of Thanksgiving Day
- The Governor added December 23, 2013 to the state holiday list, however because of the unusually long interruption in service this could cause, we will be OPERATING NORMALLY on Monday December 23, 2013.
- Tuesday, December 24, 2013 and Wednesday December 25, 2013 in observance of Christmas Day
- Wednesday, January 1, 2014 for New Year's Day
- Friday, January 17, 2014 for Lee-Jackson Day
- Monday, January 20, 2014 for Martin Luther King Day
- Monday, February 17, 2014 for Presidents Day
- Monday, May 26, 2014 for Memorial Day
- Friday, July 4, 2014 for Independence Day
Also be on the lookout for New Year's Eve. The last two
years the Governor has added New Years Eve to the list of
state holidays late in the year, and he may do so again
Public TransitNew Freedom
- General Information
- Bland to Winston Salem
- Bristol to Roanoke
- Twin County to Roanoke
- Marion to Winston-Salem
- Wytheville to Tri-Cities
District Three Public Transit operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes he or she has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with District Three Governmental Cooperative.
For information on procedures to file a complaint, call 1-800-541-0933, contact by e-mail district‑firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our administrative office at 4453 Lee Highway, Marion, VA 24354. Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, Speech Disabled call The Virginia Relay: Dial 771 (Free Call).